Assembler III Job Description
Level III Assembler possesses knowledge and understanding of all company products and production methods. Must perform electronic and mechanical production assembly following assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials. Level III Assembler will train others, lead assigned projects, and troubleshoot problems as they arise. Level III assembler must have excellent communication, organization, time management, and leadership skills.
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
- Performs electronic and mechanical production assembly operations related to hardware such as modules, boards, panels, and cables.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathers parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Performs assembly operations accurately, thoroughly, and quickly using work instructions, established procedures, schematics and other documentation.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
- Positions parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
- Communicate with other stations on the assembly line to ensure maximum speed and accuracy
- Resolves assembly problems as needed to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
- Conserves resources and supplies to facilitate minimum waste.
- Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements and troubleshooting malfunctions
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Assembler Skills and Qualifications
- Mechanical/assembly skills and be able to develop scope skills.
- Soldering skills, wiring skills, and testing capability.
- Good dexterity and experience working with small pieces of hardware.
- Experience with power and hand tools
- Ability to read prints/instructions.
- 2+ years Manufacturing Experience
- Manufacturing Quality experience a plus
- Equipment Maintenance, Tooling, Safety Management, Quality Focus, Judgment, Decision Making
- Strong leadership, mentoring and training aptitude
- Ability to commit to flexible schedule and prompt arrival for shifts
- Ability to lift at least 50lbs.
- Basic math and communication skills required
- Ability to work together as a team
Monday to Friday 7a-330pm with overtime offered. Temp to Hire with option to go permanent after 520 hours. Benefits offered after 30 days.
Sanford, Florida 32771