Our client company has twenty-five years experience in government contracting and prides itself on delivering cost-effective results to a wide array of government agencies and directorates across the United States. Their nationwide team of experts can deliver a unique and comprehensive contracting experience with quality assurance being of utmost concern. This focus on delivering top results has enabled them to double their revenue in every year since initial startup. The company is currently pursuing a contract with the Naval Special Warfare Center to support the NSW Preparatory Course.
An immediate need exists for an Electrical Engineer to work on a challenging assignment in Merritt Island, FL.
To provide assistance with Electrical Engineering for our client company, a diverse Florida-based service and consulting company that has been providing outstanding results for their clients for over 12-years. Electrical Engineer IV is a key member of the engineering team that performs the design of lighting, power, fire alarm, communications systems for various facilities types. Expectations of performance from an applicant will include ongoing development and maintenance of professional engineering knowledge and skills, application of that knowledge and those skills in an active design engineering environment.
Duties and responsibilities
- Collects data and gathers information or documents.
- Should have a Florida P.E. or be able to obtain one in six months.
- Performs standard computations or analysis.
- Prepares drawings and visual aids.
- Observes construction activities.
- Performs basic survey work.
- Performs basic design tasks.
- Assists on other tasks such as: preparation of permit applications, material testing, drawings, and CAD work.
- Performs moderate design tasks.
- Prepares portions of project documents.
- Edits specifications.
- Performs research and investigations.
- Designs a complete project, system, component, or process.
- Prepares complete project documents.
- Designs and conducts experiments, and analyzes and interprets data.
- Formulates and solves problems.
- Assists upper-level management and staff as a technical specialist or advisor.
- Participates with reviews of project documents for conformity and quality assurance.
- Serves as the technical specialist for the organization in the application of advanced concepts, principles, and methods in an assigned area.
- Keeps informed of new developments and requirements affecting the organization for recommending changes in programs or applications.
- Interprets, organizes, executes, and coordinates assignments.
- Assists in the development of standards and guidelines.
- Leads the organization in a broad area of specialization or in a narrow but intensely specialized field.
- Reviews complete project documents for conformity and quality assurance.
- Any additional related tasks issued by superiors.
Applicant shall apply his or her own knowledge of engineering and various office technologies in many various assignments. Applicant shall be able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously in an effective and structured manner. Typical characteristics a candidate must have for this position include:
- Applies a thorough knowledge of current principles and practices of engineering as related to the variety of aspects affecting his or her organization.
- Applies knowledge and expertise acquired through progressive experience to resolve crucial issues and/or unique conditions.
- Keeps informed of new methods and developments affecting his or her organization, and recommends new practices or changes in emphasis of programs.
- Uses creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in anticipating and solving unprecedented problems.
- Makes decisions and recommendations that are authoritative and have an important impact on extensive organizational activities.
- Sets priorities and reconciles directions from competing interests.
- Works on projects with complex features.
- Routinely interacts with clients, customers, officials, contractors, and others.
- Leads project meetings and makes presentations.
- Represents the organization and maintains liaison with individuals and related organizations.
- Sensitivity to confidential matters is required.
- Reviews and approves scopes, budgets, and schedules for assignments.
- Prepares proposals to provide professional services or obtain funding for engineering projects or programs.
- Able to supervises a project team of engineers, technicians, and consultants.
- Plans, schedules, or coordinates the preparation of documents or activities for multiple projects, or is responsible for an entire program of an organization.
- Reviews operational procedures to ensure compliance with applicable policies and performance measures.
Merritt Island, Florida
$100,000/annually + Benefits